Sunday, December 29

Fire Crackers


I have fallen in love with these "fire crackers"! Last year my husband and I went to a bonfire, and one of the neighbors brought a mason jar full of crackers. She told me she "just mixed some vegetable oil with ranch dressing mix." Well, I decided to kick it up a notch. Here is how I make my fire crackers.

1 box of saltine crackers
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper

1. Whisk ranch mix, red pepper, garlic, onion, and chili powder into vegetable oil.

2. Place entire box of saltines into a large airtight container.

3. Pour dressing over crackers and seal container. 

4. Gently toss the dressing over the crackers & allow to sit overnight, tossing occasionally.



Tips: Make sure to grab the ranch dressing mix, and not the ranch "dip" mix.

I like to use the round saltines instead of the square ones. Play with both of them! While you're at it, try the "mini" saltines too. Maybe even oyster saltines! The possibilities are endless!

I store my crackers in a large mason jar. I bought mine at Runnings Farm and Fleet store, but they also carry them at craft stores like Hobby Lobby.

Enjoy! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment